In 2015, we are thrilled to be launching our “Preparing Emotionally for the Perinatal Period” workshops, affectionately known as PEPP Talks.
PEPP Talks are designed to help prepare expecting parents emotionally (both as individuals and as a couple) for the transition to parenthood. Parents learn strategies to cope with the emotional realities and challenges that come with not only pregnancy and birth, but also the period of time after baby comes home.
Parents are invited to come to two sessions during the pregnancy, and two after baby has arrived. All sessions are facilitated by a qualified Parent Educator from Hands Holding Hands, who has partnered with Peach Tree to deliver these innovative workshops. Hands Holding Hands also offers Circle of Security (COS) parent education workshops facilitated by a registered COS parent educator (click here for more information).
Understanding parenthood as a rite of passage (particularly these days when life before and life after, especially for the mother, can be vastly different) expands a couple’s awareness to the need for different adjustments, to respect the significance of the life change, to approach the transition as learners rather than experts and to appreciate the benefits of social support.
– Elly Taylor, Becoming Us
- Workshops are held regularly in Woolloongabba, Brisbane.
- Alternatively, workshops can be conducted at other locations within South East Qld, interstate, or at your organisation upon request. Please contact us.
Dates and times
- 10 hours of group-based education
- 2 antenatal sessions
- 2 postnatal sessions
- Weekend and evening options available
- $190 per single registration / $130 per additional (save $20 for earlybird registrations)
- Facilitated by a qualified parent educator
- Course handouts and catering included