Sunshine Parenting Program
In July 2017, Peach Tree was appointed Lead Site Agent by the Brisbane North Primary Health Network (PHN) to conduct a low intensity perinatal mental health service evaluation to enhance emotional wellbeing for parents during the perinatal period – from conception to 12 months post birth. Evaluation results of the “Sunshine Parenting Program” (SPP) have provided much needed insight into what program content is relevant to mothers during this time, and also into the Peer Worker framework required to support compassionate and meaningful program delivery. Not only have attending mothers identified improved support and connection through their experience with the SPP, the majority of mothers have also shown significantly improved levels of postnatal anxiety, depression, and bonding.
The SPP is a 6-week commitment for mothers with babies aged between 0 and 12 months. The program moves through six (6) workbook topics, all relevant to parenting experiences through the postnatal period, providing a safe, sensitive, and non-judgemental space for mothers to speak openly about their parenting experiences with others who understand. All workshops are facilitated and supported by two (2) Peer Workers who themselves share a lived-experience of perinatal mental health challenges with a story of hope and recovery. Each week will focus on:
Week 1: Welcome to our Circle of Sunshine!
Week 2: Understanding your experience
Week 3: Navigating relationships changes
Week 4: Caring for your baby’s needs
Week 5: Caring for you IS caring for your family
Week 6: Connections and Celebrations!
Please note: It is our intention to include additional “one-off” Partner Workshops throughout the year for those partners interested in learning more about parenting during this important life stage. If you are a partner wishing to attend a Partner Workshop, please don’t hesitate to contact our SPP Program Manager on: firstname.lastname@example.org
2019 Program Dates
Peach Tree Place – Springwood
NEW LOCATION – REGISTER NOW!
Suite 2 / 6 Vanessa Boulevard, Springwood
3. Monday 29th April – Monday 3rd June, 2019 POSTPONED
4. Monday 10th June – Monday 15th July, 2019 REGISTRATIONS OPEN!
5. Monday 22nd July – Monday 26th August, 2019
6. Monday 2nd September – Monday 7th October, 2019
7. Monday 14th October – Monday 18th November, 2019
Peach Tree House – Geebung
1. Tuesday 15th January – Tuesday 19th February, 2019 COMPLETED
2. Tuesday 26th February – Tuesday 2nd April, 2019 COMPLETED
3. Tuesday 30th April – Tuesday 4th June, 2019 UNDERWAY
4. Tuesday 11th June – Tuesday 16th July, 2019 REGISTRATIONS OPEN!
5. Tuesday 23rd July – Tuesday 27th August, 2019
6. Tuesday 3rd September – Tuesday 8th October, 2019
7. Tuesday 15th October – Tuesday 19th November, 2019
Peach Tree Place – Morayfield
1. Thursday 17th January – Thursday 21st February, 2019 COMPLETED
2. Thursday 28th February – Thursday 4th April, 2019 COMPLETED
3. Thursday 2nd May – Thursday 6th June, 2019 UNDERWAY
4. Thursday 13th June – Thursday 18th July, 2019 REGISTRATIONS OPEN!
5. Thursday 25th July – Thursday 29th August, 2019
6. Thursday 5th September – Thursday 10th October, 2019
7. Thursday 17th October – Thursday 21st November, 2019
Health Professional referrals
Are you a health professional wishing to make a referral for a mother in your care? If so, please begin by clicking on the link below:
Are you a mother looking for support with a baby aged between 0 and 12 months? If so, you can register to participate in the SPP below:
Health Professional referrals
Are you a health professional wishing to make a referral to the Sunshine Parenting Program for a mother in your care? Please begin your referral by clicking on the link below:
Mothers wishing to self-refer
Are you a mum looking for support with a baby aged between 0 and 12 months? If so, you can contact us to participate in the Sunshine Parenting Program by filling in this form:
If you require more information, please contact our SPP Program Manager on email@example.com. Alternatively, click below to use our contact form: